Have your say
Have your say at a regional or local board level.
Below is information will help you have your say at different levels of the political process from: how to vote; how to get informed on political happenings.
Have your say at the regional or local board level:
- Agenda and minutes at council meetings: https://infocouncil.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/
Auckland Council Annual Budget feedback guide
It’s important to have your say on the Auckland Council 2023-24 budget – you can do this until 11pm 28th March 2023.
The proposed budget will negatively impact the well being of communities and the environment in both the short term, and in the long term. It makes enormous cuts to essential services and community groups, community events and creative initiatives which cannot be undone. There is so much at stake so choose a template reflecting your views to have your say:
There are 3 ways to have your say
Option 1: Give feedback online
Go directly to the Auckland Council website and you may use our feedback form guide. (If the form doesn’t load properly please reload / refresh the page)
Step 2: Choose the guide from below which most aligns with your views
Quickest guide and saying “STOP ALL CUTS” – takes less than 5 mins – get your friends and have a submission party!
This guide concedes 40 million in cuts to council operations – and offers a voice which focus’s on protecting the most vulnerable, and building local resilience through community and environmental projects.
Option 2: Complete the paper version of the form
You can print it here Or you can pick up a form from a Library. Make your your form is clearly written. To return the completed form either:
Deliver in person to your local library or council offices OR
Post by Freepost (no stamp required) to: AK Have Your Say, Auckland Council Freepost Authority 182382, Private Bag 92 300, Auckland 1142. Allow at least five business days if posting to allow for delays.
Email: scan and email your paper form to email@example.com
Option 3: Join one of the feedback events being held across Auckland during March:
- At 165 Stoddard Road Mount Roskill at 12:30-2pm Saturday 11th, Tuesday 14th, Saturday 18th, Tuesday 21st, or Saturday 25th. Community-minded people will be there to answer questions and help you complete the form.
- At Gribblehirst Hub, Sandringham. 5 Cabbage Tree Swamp Drive, Sandringham (south of the Football fields – there is usually lots of parking) on Tuesday 21st March 6:30pm. Christina Roberston, an Albert-Eden local board member, is attending for Q&A’s. There will be forms, laptops and people there to help you. Facebook event here .
- Other events across Auckland where there will be for support for giving feedback are listed on the Auckland Council website
- Central suburbs council events on the Auckland Council website
- Forest and bird submission guide here
- A Better Budget for Auckland suggests more debt. View their position here.
- a good summary of the proposed cuts here
- the Green Party submission guide here
- a Council summary of budget cuts here and (for the brave)
- the full 108 page Council consultation document here – referred to in the feedback form.